Wondering how to train your own retriever for hunt tests and working certificates? Want to learn field training right along with your dog instead of “sending it away to a pro”? Wondering where to find the land, water, game birds, and, most importantly, the KNOWLEDGE to develop your retriever’s natural ability into a well trained field performer?
I can train you and your dog in weekly private lessons and group training sessions. Field lessons are held in several locations offering ample land and water and allowing use of gunfire and birds, all convenient to the Bay Area.
My Training Philosophy— I have a program that follows the necessary teaching and training to accomplish your goals with your dog. While each dog and person has individual characteristics in the way they learn I do adhere to the logical process of Field and Gun Dog Training. However, unlike the majority of Field Professionals who have a “One Size Fits All” approach I custom design each dog and handler program with their unique characteristics in mind. My goal is to allow the dog and handler to go at their own pace, and be flexible with both. I feel it is most important that the dog and owner become a team together. I want them to be participating, learning and enjoying the journey as much as possible. I am more interested in getting the best out of the dog, and if necessary can get fairly creative with methods that will get a dog and owner through difficulties. I want the dogs and people to have fun while they learn, then start entering Hunt Tests and enjoy the camraderie and game as I do.
Services and Rates offered Effective 1/1/19:
- Evaluation session (prerequisite for further training) – $85.00 (plus any applicable grounds rental fee)
- Private lessons – $55.00 per hour (plus any applicable grounds rental fee)
- Groups $27.00 per dog, If handler provides 2 dead ducks per dog (plus any grounds rental fee).
- Groups $30.00 per dog if handler does not provide 2 dead ducks per dog.
- Live shot flier days additional fees apply.
- Live Shackled Ducks and Live Shackled Pigeons when available additional fees apply.
- Dead Ducks can be purchased on line at Whistling Wings if you are unable to a local source.
- Discount Packages Available – Please See Calendar Page.
- Video Privates – $55.00 per hour (Includes follow up emails)
For more information or to schedule a lesson, please contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 429-2456 .